11 July 2013

Exciting deliveries of the sewing kind









Can you imagine my excitement last week when a certain parcel landed on my doorstep.  Inside was a length of fabric printed with my 'You are my Sunshine' embroidery design.  From listening to feedback and from the emails that I have received, I know that quite a few of you are keen to try one of my designs, but being new to embroidery find the whole transfer process quite daunting.  So here we go samplers printed, ready to be stitched. 

The sampler itself is printed in charcoal grey on to lovely soft quilt weight 100% cotton and to demonstrate that this design is also suitable for beginners, I stitched the sampler entirely in Back Stitch....I am thrilled with the result.  I've taken some photo's and I'll be adding a Back Stitch tutorial in the next day or so.  However, should you prefer, the samplers can of course be sewn in your choice of favourite stitches.

I limited the colours to just 6 shades of sunny yellows and oranges with a touch of zingy olive green, but again, you can pick a colour scheme of your choice.

The samplers are available to purchase on my website HERE and also in my Etsy shop HERE and if you do purchase one, I would love to see what you create!

I thought I would take this opportunity to share the following photo.  This is me on holiday in Greece when I was 15 years old.  ( I think you can tell from the big hair that this was in the 80's!!)  I had just completed the first year of my Textiles O'level.  The dress I'm wearing was sewn by me from pattern pieces that I had drafted.  More excitingly I screen printed the fabric......now there is something I would like to try again!! 


 See you soon!
Share:

4 comments

  1. Thank you so much Jo, I hope you enjoy visiting my blog. Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Pretty! And how exciting to have your design all printed out ready to stitch! I haven't ever stitched a pre-printed design before - does the ink wash out when you finish stitching?
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, thank you so much! I had the design printed on to the fabric, so it will not wash out. The design is also available as a PDF download if you prefer to transfer yourself. You can find it here: http://www.sarahedgardesigns.co.uk/ourshop/prod_2697734-PDF-Hand-Embroidery-Pattern-You-are-my-Sunshine.html Thank you once again and I hope that you are enjoying the sunshine!! Sarah xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it really does make my day! If you have a question, please do ask away and I will do my very best to answer. Sarah xo

Update July 2020: Unfortunately, due to a large increase in spam and inappropriate comments, I have turned on 'Comment Moderation', so your comment will not appear immediately. My apologies for this!

© A Little Happy Place | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig