7 June 2014

Saturday Shop news

It has been rather an exciting week, with lots of new fabrics delivered by our friendly courier men. Poor things, I think they dread it when they get a delivery addressed to us, it nearly always means a heavy parcel!

First to arrive this week, was the most scrumptious new collection from UK based Dashwood Studio called Retro Orchard and is designed by Wendy Kendall, who also created the very popular Petite Street!  I just love the rich colour palette and my mind is a whirl with ideas as to what I would like to make using it.  I quite fancy a skirt combining one of the main graphics and finishing it off with a contrast hem using the stripe of one of the pretty flurry prints that co-ordinate so perfectly.  Equally wouldn't it make the most fabulous quilt.....what do you fancy making?


Also new this week are these beautiful 1930's repro's by Darlene Zimmerman.  This collection is called Lazy Daisy Baskets and can be found HERE.


As with all our 30's repro's the small scale of the designs, lend themselves beautifully to quilts, dolls clothes, dressmaking, well to be honest, I would use them for anything given the chance........ this fat quarter bundle has somehow managed to find it's way in to my sewing room....honestly a fabric addict running a fabric shop is probably not the best thing!!......
.......moving swiftly on..........




Also in the box from Dashwood was this rather festive collection 'Christmas Wish' by Lizzie Mackay.  It has a lovely vintage vibe and the colours are perfect for a 'shabby chic/vintage' Christmas.
Did you spot the lovely Advent Calendar at the top....... this comes as a panel with printed instructions with how to make your own Calendar, you can find out more about this HERE.

Whilst we're in a festive mood, we also took delivery of yet more Michael Miller Holiday fabrics.  These can not help but bring a smile to your face, the colours are bright and cheery and the designs, well...... just look at those mini gnomes!!!  You can find all our Christmas fabric HERE.

Lots of our pretty trims have been restocked this week, plus we've added a few new ones, well it would be rude not too!  Our very popular Mini Ric Rac has been joined by it's super size sibling Jumbo Ric Rac........phew...are you still with me!


We also added some more colours of Pom Pom Trim, Beautiful Bakers Twine, Mini Ric Rac, Polka Dot Buttons, Stripey Buttons and Lace.

Such fun!

Finally Mum (Penny) has been really busy today sorting out lots of  our super popular Tilda Scrap Bags and these have just be restocked on the website HERE


That's it for shop news, on the sewing front, I'm slowly hand quilting my Mini Cherry Pie quilt and I have also been working on the quilt I started for Poppy way back in December (hangs head in shame!).  I have been posting little snippets of my week on Instagram so if you're on there please do pop over and say hello!


Right that's me for this evening, I have slow cooked lamb in the oven which is smelling absolutely delicious and it is most certainly time for a glass of wine.  Before I go though,  thanks so much for your lovely comments on my Little Patchwork Bag Tutorial and don't forget I'm giving away the bag I made, so make sure that you have left a comment on that post, so that you can be entered in to the draw.


Have a lovely weekend!

6 comments:

  1. What a great luck to have so much beautiful fabric!!
    In my area it is hard to find just fabric so!!
    I am in love with the polka dots buttons.
    Have a great week end
    Love,
    Miss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are a temptress Sarah such gorgeousness. I have. Just set up a new little sewing are - separate to rest of crafting area. Hoping this is going to give more opportunity to sew. I have a bag to make :-) and then want to do another cot quilt so will be in touch!!! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all so yummy, I don't know how you manage to let them go! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I so need to come and stay with you for awhile Sarah - I'd love to cook up a storm with those fabrics, especially the Retro Orchard line - I can really see a gorgeous quilt there! They are ALL so beautiful!
    I'm looking forward to seeing the completed Cherry Pie quilt and know it will be as scrumptious as all your other makes - enjoy your time with it! xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah! Thank you for visiting my blog. I've just had a look around yours and I'm quite blown away by all your gorgeous makes and all the beautiful haberdashery things in your shop. I cannot wait to come back and read your older posts. Thanks again. Hope you're having a lovely evening! Marion x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness - that Retro Orchard material is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.
    Caz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it really does make my day! If you have a question, please do ask away and I will do my very best to answer. Sarah xo