14 October 2016

A Little Happy Sew Along ~ Merry Christmas Mini Quilt ~ Part 3 Embroidery


Welcome to week 3 of the Merry Christmas Mini Quilt sew along, I hope that you've all enjoyed the applique from last week.

This week is embroidery week.  As you know I love hand embroidery, so the Mini Quilt did of course have to incorporate some in to the design.   I've kept things simple though and stuck to a traditional redwork design and also used just two stitches, Back Stitch in the main and Satin Stitch for the berries on the holly.  

Here's some close ups for you......



I used 12 wt Aurifil #2260 for my embroidery and a Merchant and Mills Straw Needle.  I did not hoop up the mini quilt, I simply held the fabric and stitched.

Both embroidery patterns can be downloaded HERE.

If your new to embroidery, you may find these 'a little happy tutorials' useful:

For how to transfer the embroidery pattern, take a look HERE and for how to stitch Back Stitch, take a look HERE.

Next week we'll be making the little felt stockings, so I hope that you'll join me then and don't forget Mum (Penny) and I would love to see your progress, so please do use the hashtags, so we can take a peek! 

#alittlehappysewalong or/and #prettyfabricsandtrims

Happy Stitches!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it really does make my day! If you have a question, please do ask away and I will do my very best to answer. Sarah xo

Update July 2020: Unfortunately, due to a large increase in spam and inappropriate comments, I have turned on 'Comment Moderation', so your comment will not appear immediately. My apologies for this!

© A Little Happy Place | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig